Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Can Ride My Bike like a Big Girl

I rode my bike home from work for the first time today!  (yay!)  I forgot to use a headlight…or a headlamp…or any illumination of any kind.  This would have been just fine, except there is a stretch of unlit road on my way home from work.  Luckily, I nice young biker who had a headlight on the front of his bike and a red blinking light on the back passed me, and I was able to follow him down the road.  (Thank you, mysterious stranger!)
To prevent this from happening again, tomorrow I am going to buy:
1)      A headlight
2)      A headlamp
3)      A red blinking light to go behind me
4)      Another headlamp (I’ll wear both at the same time)
5)      A helmet
6)      Googly eyes to glue on the helmet
7)      Plastic Hermes wings to glue on the helmet
8)      One of those dorky vests with the reflectors on them that constructions workers use
I might also want to invest in some kneepads, but then again, I’ve always cared a lot more about my dignity than I have about my safety.  I don’t have much dignity, but what little I have I treasure.
But of all my upcoming bike safety features, I am most excited about the helmet.  The helmet is going to be awesome!  I envision it looking something like this:



Beautiful, isn't it?  Anypoop, I should probably go to bed.  I have to wake up early to write a paper tomorrow (boo!) and I am pretty tired.  G’night!

No comments:

Post a Comment